Johannesburg, Nov 27, : Koninklijke Nederlandse Cricket Bond(KNCB), and Cricket South Africa (CSA), on Saturday agreed to postpone the Netherlands’ ongoing tour of South Africa.This was in response to Concerns about the emergence of a new Covid-19 type in South Africa.Both teams competed in the first ODI in Centurion.It was cancelled on Friday due to heavy rains.The second and third matches, which were scheduled to take place at Centurion on November 28th and December 1st respectively, won’t be held.
There were Concerns earlier in the Netherlands as many countries around the globe, including the United Kingdom, United States of America, and the European Union, imposed restrictions on South African flights.
Both boards now hope to complete the second and third ODIs before the 2023 ODI league cycle.
“We are disappointed at the unfortunate situation that we find ourselves in, however, the comfort of all visiting teams must always be paramount.” “The mental well-being and comfort of players is one of CSA’s top priorities.We respect our visitors’ point of view,” stated Pholetsi Moseki (acting CEO of Cricket South Africa).
He said that KNCB and CSA will be in discussions about rescheduling the tour for the ICC Future Tours Programme, which ends in 2023.
Jurgen Delfos (Chairman of the KNCB) thanked CSA “their assistance, understanding” of the current circumstances.
“We are deeply saddened by these circumstances, but we are grateful to Cricket South Africa’s understanding and assistance.” Delfos stated that the Concerns are not about the integrity of the Bio Secure Environment (BSE), that CSA has hosted.
“Our team was pleased with the organization of the tour and the way our hosts treated us.He said that the series against the Proteas has been something we have been looking forward for for some time.”We are keen to return to South Africa in near future.”
avn/bsk #Covid #Concerns #South #ODIs #Cricket #BCCI #ICC #IPL.